KisanHub is the leading UK based Ag-Tech start-up that is passionate about solving one of the world’s most meaningful challenges - how to feed a population of 9 billion by 2050. KisanHub’s Crop Intelligence Platform connects agri-businesses with farmers, providing them with valuable insights and actionable intelligence. Our clients range from the largest multi-nationals to family-run farming enterprises. We are a small team with big ambitions, coming from diverse, multi-sector, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural backgrounds. This helps to bring a fresh perspective to agriculture but with the common belief that technology can revolutionize the way we feed the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full-Stack Developer. You will work as a member of a self-directed and high-performing team following Agile methodologies and Scrum principles.
The craftsman in you is passionate about learning, sharing, and producing implementations that are elegant, complete and robust, whilst the go-getter in you has a can-do attitude, a sense of urgency, and wants to do something with an impact.
You are looking for a new challenge that will leverage and stretch your existing expertise in data-model design, data-manipulation, and API design. You want the autonomy to own both the design and delivery for this part of the Engineering function.
You'll be working on problems that have the potential to change the face of the world's oldest industry. This will include tackling a large & complex modeling domain (supported by scientific experts), building powerful data transformation and analysis pipelines, and serving this to multiple clients through a graceful, fully-tested and well-documented API.
- Assisting in building a high performing tech team
- Writing high-quality code, participating in code reviews, designing/architecting systems of varying complexity and scope, and creating high-quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks
- Identify areas of improvement in our frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better and evaluate our success metrics
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years working with Python
- Experience in data modeling using ORM frameworks (preferably Django)
- Experience in building Django Rest Framework APIs
- Experience in Angular framework, CSS
- In-depth knowledge of designing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience building data-transformation pipelines using Pandas/NumPy or similar
- Uncompromising passion for writing performant, tested, readable code
- A rigorous approach to profiling & optimizing code
Nice to have
- Experience with data visualization
What we offer
If you can write software to take agriculture to the next level, you’re in the right place. In return, we offer a competitive salary, a unique start-up culture, a team with the best worldwide developers, opportunity to positively impact the lives of farmers globally, an opportunity to travel to Cambridge, UK.
Equity options are available for all the employees.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and challenging, yet informative and friendly.
First, you'll have an intro call with the hiring manager. If we think there's a good fit, we’ll ask you to complete a technical exercise. If we're impressed, then you'll get an opportunity to visit our Office to meet the team and get to know each other. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and KisanHub.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing which position you are applying for.